Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How Do I Get My DH To Pick Up His Clothes?

Ok, so he strips right where he is, be it the living room or the bedroom and that's where the clothes stay.  I have asked him time and time again to put his clothes in the hamper and he can only manage to get them a few feet away.  He will even leave a trail starting with his jeans at the foot of the bed and ending with his socks next to the bed.  It's very annoying going from room to room picking up his clothes.  I work full time; I don't have time to be following him around with a laundry basket.  He doesn't even empty his pockets or remove his belt until he needs the stuff.  He thinks the back of a kitchen chair is where his coat belongs and his shoes belong on the kitchen floor next to a chair or next to the sofa in the living room.  I complained again this morning that he makes a joke out of my requests to keep the place semi-clean and he said "yup" and put his clothes in a laundry basket so that I could take them to the laundry room for him.  I have even tried going on strike but that only makes more work for me because he just doesn't get it.

No comments: