Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Feeling depressed.

Thinking about doing an art journal and listing it on eBay. Maybe I'll call it; "Diary of the Next Big Thing to Hit The Art World - Or So I Wish"

Maybe I will work on it in my blog. I sure haven't been visiting it much lately, so why not?

I did make my first big sale besides the pencil portraits I sold when I was younger. $200 for a painting - I actually got three offers on it that day and I only brought it in to display at a banquet. I added a pearl necklace and my initials and the year after this photo was taken.

People compared my painting to Modiglioni - who sadly, I had never heard of. Thank God for Google. I really should stop buying only books on Dali and start reading up on other artists as well. I am primarily self-taught and I still have a great deal to learn. Maybe this fall I will try to take a class again and not psych myself out this time.

School is a giant headgame for me. I only passed one college class out of five - I quit the other four. I don't remember spelling and grammar enough anymore, and English Comp. was the class that I made it through. I guess I should cut myself some slack; it was twenty years ago. But I need more self-esteem. Okay, I will take another adult-ed class. No pressure with those.

Money is the only issue now.


No comments: